The CEIA PD240 Hand Held Metal Detector combines high reliability and ergonomics with advanced detection and operator signalling features.
Effective sensitivity to all metals, full compliance with the latest security standards and high immunity to external metal masses are among the main peculiarities of this new device.
It incorporates innovative technical solutions which make it possible to operate much closer to floors with steel reinforcement bars than was previously possible with conventional hand-held detectors, without any reduction in sensitivity.
It is ergonomically designed and ensuring that the operator’s hand does not interfere with the sensitive detection area.
The sensitivity area is 70% wider than the previous model, meaning fewer scans per person and therefore shorter inspection times per person.
Users can keep the factory settings or connect the detector over its USB to a PC and then personalise the settings with a dedicated graphic interface.
- NIJ standard – 0602.02 compliant
- Wide search area for faster and accurate screening operations
- Elegant, robust and ergonomic
- High immunity to floor rebars allows lower-body screening without sensitivity reduction
- Uniform detection of magnetic and non-magnetic targets
- Full digital design: consistent performance and calibration-free operations
- Indoor and outdoor operations
- Programmable sensitivity
- Extended continuous operation time
- Automatic low power mode during screening pauses
- Embedded long life rechargeable batteries are renewable energy and wipe out operation cost of alkaline batteries
- Embedded fast and reliable battery charger: no need of batteries removal
- Dedicated holder acts as minimum space table stand and mains connection for battery charge
- Operator functions can be standard or customised by the user through pc gui and usb connection
Advanced Control Panel
The control panel with switches and warning lights is made from high-thickness silicon guaranteeing high degree of protection to make the PD240 suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Advanced Alarm Indication
The alarm signalling modes include: optical alarm which is fixed or is proportional to the intensity of the detection signal; acoustic alarm with a constant tone or a tone which is proportional to the size of the object detected; vibration alarm signal. It is also possible for the safety manager or the checkpoint supervisor to lock one or more operator commands.
Extended Continuous Operation Time
The PD240 metal detector is powered by two AA-size NiMH batteries with a battery life of over 100 hours. A Low Power Mode is automatically activated during pauses, extending the battery life up to 200 hours. An internal circuit optimises battery recharging which takes less than five hours.
Full Digital Design
The PD240 is fully digital. Electronic functions include a inspection field transmitter-receiver based on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, a digital operator interface and external communications over the incorporated USB port. This design combined with a special printed antenna ensures top reliability and very high repeatability.
Latest Plastic Materials Technology
The metal detector casing is made from next-generation technical polymers. These plastics offer high chemical resistance and mechanical strength ensuring a long detector life even in heavy duty conditions.
NIJ Standard 0602.02 Compliant
The technical features of the detector comply with the NIJ standard 0602.02 and the new NIJ draft standard 0602.03. The PD240 has uniform sensitivity to magnetic and non-magnetic targets including those made of stainless steel. At the same time the detector offers excellent body-effect compensation and has high immunity to external disturbance from electromagnetic and mechanical sources.