The WG Relocatable – Entire Truck and Cargo X-Ray Scanning System is a rapid deployable drive through state-of-the-art dual-energy X-ray scanner for checking cargo compliance to manifest documentation and the detection of contraband, explosives, narcotics and weapons.
The system is transported on the customers flat bed trailer from location to location.
On arrival at the vehicle inspection location jacking legs are extended, the trailer is removed and the jacking legs lower the system.
Throughput is typically 40 Trucks with containers per hour, theoretical 45 per hour.
There are two scanning systems:-
Scanning the Occupied Truck Cab
The x-ray scanning of the Truck Cab is activated after an infrared beam is broken by the front of the cab, this implements the X-Ray scanning of the cab.
Scanning the Cargo Area of the Vehicle
A special reflector is placed on the side truck cab at its rear, an Infrared emitter beam is targeted in the area of the reflector, when a receiver detects the beam, this activates the X-Ray scanning of the cargo area as it passes through the scanner. When the cargo area has completed passing through the scanner the X-Ray system is shut down
Software - X-ray Image Acquisition, Processing, Analysing, Archiving
The system has the following software features:-
- Adjusting the intensity scale over the whole image or in the window;
- Automatic acquisition of data from the X-ray detector;
- Brightness and contrast adjustment;
- Counting the inspection objects;
- Dual-energy imaging – an automatic colour coding for materials separation (3 colours) feature allowing distinguishing between organic, non-organic and metal materials;
- Enhancing the boundaries and pre-setting the boundary sharpness;
- Enhancing the contrast;
- Entering and storing operator login information;
- Image inversion;
- Image scrolling;
- Instrument for measuring linear distances;
- Marking suspicious objects with comments;
- Pre-setting the brightness and contrast for heavy and weak absorbing objects;
- Printing-out the images or a selected portion (pictures, comments and accompanying documents on separate sheets);
- Pseudo colouring according to the density with the possibility of selection of colour palettes;
- Pseudo relief;
- Scanning the manifest and saving the same together with the image;
- Step-by-step (ZOOM from 2 up to 32) and smooth zoom;
- Supporting different image formats (designer’s original format, BMP, JPEG);
- Visualisation of the date and time;
- Visualisation of the image in real time.
Radiation Safety System
The inclusive radiation safety system ensures the safety of the people within and outside the controlled area including the system operators, drivers and public.
The boundaries of the controlled area of the system are based on the ionising radiation dose outside the controlled area shall not exceed a value of 0.5 μSv on average in any one hour of system operation.
And the total accumulated annual dose will not exceed the permissible limit of 1 mSv (ICRP 2007), provided that no person is exposed to radiation more than 2,000 hours during a year (standard duty schedule).
The radiation protection outside the controlled area is achieved by cordoning off the controlled area and positioning infrared sensors around the perimeter to detect persons entering the area, this will set off alerts and shut the x-ray system down.
The perimeter of the controlled area is determined by maximum allowed limit of dose for one hour of system operation that a person standing outside this area limits may receive during system operation.
The controlled area dimensions in the direction the vehicles are travelling should not be less than their length to ensure maximum safe and optimum system performance