Field Service Engineer
Westminster has a vacancy for an experienced Field Service Engineer within its expanding maintenance and service department in the UK.
The maintenance and service department carry out routine servicing and emergency call out response for many customers across the UK and worldwide.
As a Field Service Engineer you will possess excellent technical understanding of electrical systems, electronic equipment and IT systems and the ability to trace and solve problems. You should have the willingness to learn and undertake equipment training courses as needed to further your knowledge.
The successful candidate needs to have a full driving licence and be willing to travel around the UK to customer sites. As a customer facing engineer you should have a friendly and courteous attitude with customer satisfaction being a key part of the role.
Previous experience with X-Ray security screening equipment would be preferable but not essential. You will be required to travel overseas on occasion.
As a Field Service Engineer you are required to be on-call 1 week in 4.
To enquire about this position please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Port Container Screening Manager
The Port Container Screening Manager role will be based in Africa, candidates must have previous experience of working within a port container screening role.
The role is to organise, lead and manage a port security container screening team. To ensure that screening of containers and cargo is carried out to recognised international standards, by means of electronic and physical search. To ensure processes and procedures are up-to-date and effective and liaise with the Port management and other stakeholders..
- Ensure the Security and Safety Standards required for a state of the art container port are met and delivered to the highest achievable levels for the screening facilities within the Port;
- In Consultation with the Port Management develop, maintain and implement the container screening plan
- Deliver and maintain Westminster Standards of Excellence when dealing with all Stakeholders and develop positive working relationships with Government Agencies including Customs, Port staff and carriers.
- Provide timely and accurate information on daily operations to the UK HQ & relevant authorities as required.
- Responsible for in country budget management, including P&L and payroll of local staff
- Experience within a container X-Ray Screening role.
- Knowledge of Container X-Ray Screening requirements and standards.
- Experience of project planning, monitoring and controlling projects using PRINCE2 or other Project Management related methodologies.
- Awareness of port scanning security systems including IT Infrastructures.
- Experience in the assessment, mitigation and management of project risk.
- Experience in managing project budgets to project schedules.
- Experience of deploying security projects in a secure environment.
Westminster will offer a competitive package with overseas allowances to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in the role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter as soon as possible to be considered immediately for the role.